Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:20 am
charlie wrote:So long as everyones agenda is made clear on in the square, we are all ok...

That's the key really isn't it. Very good point. As long as everyone knows what the options are, everyone can choose a suitable ride.

by PhilBixby Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:12 pm
Indeed. Well, in the spirit of seasonal goodwill and compromise I'll be out Saturday for Malton/Terrington, so that option's there for the various people who've said (or posted here) that they'd like to do that ride on a regular basis. If there's lots, we'll maybe do two groups. If there's no-one, then I'll join the 3hr ride.

by MikeG Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:28 pm
I'll be there, unless it's raining of course - lightweight! :wink:

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:27 pm
Good ride this morning. Set off with a HUGE group - 20+ - which split at Galley Gap. Malton/Terrington group of six worked well, short turns, steady pace (18mph average so not exactly crawling round). 45 miles, 2½hrs. Some steady through'n'off on the run-in from Sheriff. How/where did the "long" ride go, anyone?

by stevesavage Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:47 pm
As Phil says an excellent ride this morning. This is the first time I've done a Saturday ride from the Square since the Spring and I'd forgotten how good they were. Looking forward to getting back into the regular routine throughout the winter.

by MikeG Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:01 pm
Got caught in the "long" group by mistake. We went across to Bulmer, then to Sherrif Hutton where I had to peel off to get home before my 2 1/2 hour pass expired. I think the guys were heading for Farlington then Easingwold at that point. Similar pace to the other group though.

See you next week!

by matt Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:22 pm
First time out on a saturday ride, also got caught in the long group by mistake. Steve Wood and i turned off between stillington and easingwold. Got 65 miles done including ride out to the square at 18mph average which was pretty good considering the headwind had picked up a bit on the way back. :)

by charlie Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:49 pm
I got just a couple more miles in than Matt. Came back in from Whixley, Cattal, Tockwith. We went that way to drop Paul B off near Wetherby on the way back. Real good ride

by matt Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:37 pm
Will the Saturday training ride be doing the Malton/terrington loop tomorrow[or splitting at galley gap like last week]?

by PhilBixby Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:58 pm
Hi Matt. To answer your question:- yes, and no!

As you've probably picked up on here, different people are after different things from the Saturday ride. There are a few of us who are planning on doing the Malton/Terrington ride every week as a vaguely methodical way of gradually building up fitness, plus also helping some of the club members who are planning on starting road racing for the first time next year. There will almost certainly be other people there who will peel off and go somewhere else, probably on a longer ride.

If you want to do Malton/Terrington then just stay on the Malton Road. We'll regroup after any split and make steady progress from there.

by matt Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:24 pm
Cheers Phil, i was thinking of joining the ride at Buttercrambe but ifthe route's not too definite i think i'll negotiate the christmas shopping traffic and ride out to the square!

by MikeG Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:35 pm
I'm on for the Malton/Terrington deal. Someone shout at me if I go the wrong way please! See you all tomorrow :)

by PhilBixby Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:15 pm
Another good training ride this morning. Tony and Craig peeled off after Buttercrambe, Fraz shortly after, rest of us (about a dozen) carried on to Malton and round the regular ride. Split into two groups on run to Malton and a couple of slower pairs dropped off the back and were happy (I hope) to keep their own pace. Came back together on last bit into Haxby. About 17½mph overall, which was steady considering it was still only just above freezing. Sounds like a fair few will be out next Saturday to offset their stuffing intake. See you then folks, and have fun meantime!