Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:46 am
Quite looking forward to this

Menu chosen and cheque in the post to Arthur

Baby sitter arranged

It was my first club dinner last year and didnt really know what to expect.

Here is a first timers report.

1. Open to everyone - the more the merrier - partners included
2. Not too formal
3. Dress smartish - I think most chaps wore jackets but generally avoided ties. Can one of the ladies please chip in with dress code as Liz wants to know! It wasn't v helpful when i said everyone looked "nice" :)
4. Format of the evening was drinkies in the bar, knees under table for excellent meal, some prizes, talk from guest of honour, a few more prizes (?). Not overly long ceremony. Rob was compere.
5. Wine was not included in the meal price but you had the opportunity to order at the table - or else purchase drinks from the bar

All in all a great chance to celebrate peoples achievements during the year. Some excellent trophies up for grabs - you get a real sense of the clubs history when you see the names of some of the previous winners.

I have to confess things were a bit hazy towards the end of the evening but remember Steve and I were chatting with the guests of honour until quite a late hour. Neither of us made the club run the following day!