Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by steph Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:13 pm
I'm wondering what the chances of rounding a few of us up to get out to Dalby before the end of the year?

Apparently the Red run has vastly improved all-weather surfacing since my last mud slide around there in March and the newly constructed playground on the Black run is well, deeeep Black for those who venture there...

If you have friends/partners/children who want to come but might prefer the Blue/Green routes then let me know and we can stage a simultaneous Clifton invasion of the entire forest 8)

If you're interested, let me know days (Sat or Sun) in 2006 that might work. Or you can email me and I'll synthesise and come up with a best date.

Steph
Last edited by steph on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Arthur Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 pm
I'm game. Can't do next two weekends.

by NickScull Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:24 pm
I'm really keen. Not sure when I will be free though.

Helen is interested, so are the kids, so the longer green or the blue would be good for us too. Saturday is best for the family. Ideally I would like to ride with them then try out the red/black.

Let us know which dates.

by steph Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:18 pm
Provisionally Sat 2nd December looks good, starting mid-morning'ish.

This will be a ride for every ability, and will be a lot of fun.

We'll sort out lifts etc closer to the time. Post if you are thinking of coming.

by Rob Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:40 pm
Hey, well done Steph!

by NickScull Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:51 pm
I'll be there
I can take up to two others in my car
Can we firm up on the timing please?
Nick

by steph Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:53 am
What do you think -- 9:30? Or 10?

by Arthur Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:42 am
Either will suit me. Nick - I can ride out to yours if you can give me a lift up.

Cheers,

Arthur

by Rob Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:10 am
I'll be there.
What's the cafe strategy, or are we planning on being back for lunch?

by NickScull Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:02 pm
Let's say10 - I have an Xmas party the night before in Carlisle. Get the excuses in early!

I can give you a lift Arthur, no probs.

Rob, what are you like! Lunch strategy is pockets/food back at the car at the end. It's not a Sunday club run you know.

I would want to be home say around 3.

Anyone else coming?

Nick

by Rob Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:01 pm
Its a question of priorities Nick.... :wink:

by Arthur Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:15 pm
Cafe in Dalby surely? There's a guy from work who'd like to come as well.

Given that we are all travelling separetely, rather than agreeing on leaving times, why not agree on what time we've going to meet at the visitor centre in Dalby? If Nick wants to leave at 10, say 11pm in Dalby?

by Rob Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:31 pm
Guys,

I'll support this ride whatever you're doing:
1 hour, 6 hours
Cafe, powerbars
7am start, midday start
Just need to know so I can plan the day accordingly.

No rush :D

R

by PhilBixby Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:38 am
As per the many and various threads regarding publicity, increasing membership etc... ...can someone who's going take along a camera and spend half an hour concentrating on getting some good photos please?

by Arthur Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:32 am
I suggest - meet 11am Dalby forest by the cafe. Ride, have cafe stop, ride more. Go home (ie be home for 3.30ish?)

Arthur