Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by pdmdanny Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:54 am
First time out with a group on sunday and realy enjoyed it.I know i struggled a bit but with a bit more punishment who knows just might be able to keep up :lol: special thanks to Paul m for words of encouragement. can i come out to play again soon?.Anyway thanks to all who was there hope i did not slow you up to much. Danny :D
by mal Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:28 pm
pdmdanny wrote:First time out with a group on sunday and realy enjoyed it.I know i struggled a bit but with a bit more punishment who knows just might be able to keep up :lol: special thanks to Paul m for words of encouragement. can i come out to play again soon?.Anyway thanks to all who was there hope i did not slow you up to much. Danny :D

Same goes for me
malcolm c

by PhilBixby Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:15 pm
Wasn't there yesterday but will join you both at playtime next weekend! Glad you enjoyed it - always nice to get feedback about club rides, even nicer when it's positive :lol:

by paulM Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:30 pm
Thank you for the positive feedback & I think we should all thank global warming - I rarely sit outside at cafes - especially in the last weekend of October! As I said I remember snow on this date in previous years!
I didn't think the pace was any slower than any other Sunday ride and I certainly had sore legs Sunday night! Just keep turning up guys.

by MikeG Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:44 am
It was my firsy Sunday ride as well - really enjoyed it. The pace was more or less the same as a Saturday training ride but without the speedy bit at the end so not too sloppy for a 76 miler, and there were a few pretty serious climbs in there! Thanks for a great route Paul.

I'll be doing my best to get down again this week. Anyone know the proposed route?

by PhilBixby Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:08 pm
Strewth! Legs are complaining mightily after today's clubrun - an 82-miler to Pately Bridge. I don't think I've ever ridden in winds like we experienced up on the tops. I glanced at my computer once and I was doing 8mph, on the flat, in 39/23! Lovely sunny day though and autumnal Dales at their best - thanks for a good route, Deputy Cap'n Paul!

by MarkA Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:16 am
Sounds like a good ride
I just missed you in the square - but based on the above that might have been for the best!
Chased out direction Shipton, bypassing Overton, and then had no idea whether i was ahead or behind you - so got bored past Tollerton and headed off to Easingwold and a few hills
It was a weird sort of day - bright and warmish - i had track mitts / no overshoes but every so often I seemed to get chilly on the tops of my arms / chest
Dont think i have cleared that flu bug out of my system yet
Also agree it felt like hard work but thats 4 weeks off the bike for you :)
Did Willy make it and work his flu out of his system?

by PhilBixby Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:13 pm
Willy turned off around Ripon with the dual aim of checking our Christmas ride lunch booking and avoiding early death due to coughing his lungs up. I'm not entirely sure the cold air was just what the doctor ordered, but hopefully he'll be his old self by Tuesday evening.

by pdmdanny Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:34 am
Hi just surfacing again after sundays run,woke up monday morning with the dreaded FLU. Like last week a huge thanks to everyone for there help in dragging me round the route, there realy were times when the why question was going through my head,but at least i did it and thats what counts so im told :!: