Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by steph Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:42 am
In case you missed it in the last thread, I'll be doing a ride in Calderdale beginning and ending in Hebden Bridge on saturday 14th. It will be all day event (~ 6 hours including food stops, waiting for me to catch up and general faffing around) on differing terrian including a bit of hilly road joining up the fun. A few technical bits but I can vouch that they can all be chicken-routed out. Only a small part of the ride is on the peat moor so quite doable if its mildly wet. If you haven't been to Calderdale you should do because the scenery is really quite dramatic but bring lots of layers!

Mike is driving, and there is room for one more bike & person. So far there is about 4 going and I may be able to organise more lifts. The 8:08 direct train from York gets in at 9:37 if anyone wants to take the train option. Trains are hourly back. We'll leave HB railway car park at 10AM. There is a great cafe at the railway station for breakfast and and I can track down a stop for lunch.

Let me know if you are planning on being there. All welcome.

by Rob Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:43 am
Good-on-ya Steph for committing to this and showing a bit of leadership!! Hope the other mud-pluggers back you up!

As for me, well I'm comitted to the clubrun...

Have fun!

by Arthur Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:29 am
Sadly all my weekends for the rest of the month are taken up with various family visits.

by MarkA Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:38 pm
Sorry 14th is out for me too