Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:31 am
Anyone else up for a long day out in the hills on Saturday 7th? Plan would be for an all day ride with a lunch stop in a cafe somewhere.

Options would be Calderdale (if no-one with a car wants to come), or maybe the Dales? If the weather looks awful on the day then we could go up to Dalby for a few hours instead maybe.

by charlie Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am
Sounds like a plan. I'm interested....

by Arthur Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:40 pm
That'd be a blast from the past for me :)

by MarkA Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:27 pm
Not sure where we stand wrt to riding something like that
Its not like a n yorks da audax where you would enter and supply insurance info or pay extra for "day membership" of auk
I think we may be in danger of being seen to be "abusing" the ctc members and "guests" rules
Although if the person leading the ride wasn't a member of the CTC (?) then that might be different :)

by like my bike Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:37 pm
Peter Gray the organiser is a good friend, I ve just returned from a weeks holiday Lake Distrist, with him and 10 other CTC members (for the 3rd year) I was under the impression we were all cyclists!!!

Or are things not that straight forward?

A J

by Arthur Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:46 pm
I know Pete Gray of old as well. I'm sure it'll be fine.

by MarkA Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:04 pm
I was only going off the link at the bottom the page Andy referred to

[url]http://www.amkirby.demon.co.uk/NYDA/Events/Guests.htm[/url]

If it doesnt apply why is it there?

by Arthur Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:09 pm
Because we don't normally ride with them.

As an aside, if you want the url stuff to work, you need to unclick the 'disable bbcode in this post' button at the bottom. You can turn this on by default in your profile as well.

by Rob Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 pm
"you need to unclick the 'disable bbcode in this post' button at the bottom."

and some people find all this computer stuff incomprehensible! Beats me :roll:

by charlie Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:33 am
Dont really understand the above ctc discussion. If we are going to do a club mtb ride, then lets make it a club mtb ride.

by Arthur Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:06 am
Well, is anyone else actually interested in coming along?

by Arthur Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:07 am
Rob wrote:"you need to unclick the 'disable bbcode in this post' button at the bottom."

and some people find all this computer stuff incomprehensible! Beats me :roll:

:)

It's actually a mistake on my part. Newer accounts get it enabled by default so it all just works. It's just a few of the earlier accounts that didn't get it set.

by Rob Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:44 pm
Guys,

I think its time to close down the discussion on where to go and, in the absence of an "off-road club captain" (which can be remidied later) someone's going to have take a stand and say "we're going to meet at x and do y!"

Come on, someone show some leadership and stop being, well, all lib-dem! :wink:

Then keep at it, because it will take some time to build momentum and get a cohesive group.

Onwards and upwards.....!

R

by Arthur Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:37 am
Can't do that until I know who's coming, since that affects what we do (mainly due to travel issues).

So, is anyone actually commiting to coming?