Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by ChrisC Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:15 pm
I cant make it this time as i am going on the hosteling weekend but, I would love to go out mtb with the club.

by Arthur Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:17 pm
I was planning on a few Saturday MTB rides for the next month or two, so keep an eye here.

by charlie Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:12 pm
Dalby or Sherwood. Both close. Sherwood flat and twisty. Good fun. Going to such places saves having to plan a route. Lets go.

by Arthur Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:00 pm
Good fun indeed, but I fancied a big day out in the hills with a cafe stop, hence the original post. If no one is up for that, Dalby would suit me.

Arthur

by steph Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:54 pm
I'm also away next weekend but can lead a ride in Calderdale beginning and ending in Hebden Bridge on saturday 14th. It will be all day event (~ 6 hours including stops, waiting for me to catch up and general faffing around) on differing terrian including a bit of hilly road joining up the fun. A few technical bits but I can vouch that they can all be chicken-routed out :D. Only a small part of the ride is on the peat moor so quite doable if its mildly wet.

Mike is driving, and there is room for one more bike & person. Probably leave HB railway car park at 10AM. The 8:08 direct train from York gets in at 9:37 if anyone wants to take the train option. Trains are hourly back There is a great cafe at the railway station for breakfast and and I can track down a stop for lunch.

Let me know if you are planning on being there.

by Arthur Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:00 pm
Sadly I'm away that weekend. If you want a reece the week before then I'd love to go.

by steph Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:05 pm
I'm away this weekend. It's a ride I've done a few times, so no need to rece. Oh well, anyone else interested?

by charlie Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am
This discussion is going no where. Lets just go to Dalby, keep it simple and see how that works. You can do as long as you want there, tackle Hole of Hocum (spelt right?), cafe etc. And we dont need any maps or have any gate to close. And Arthur has hills..

by Arthur Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:45 am
Sorry, but Kath has now helpfully given me a cold so I can't go riding at all :(

Arthur

by MarkA Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:10 am
Late arrival to this thread

All the offers of leading / coordinating rides are much appreciated

Moving forward may i suggest we adopt the same practice as we did for the mid week rides: a separate thread for each ride

I am out of action most of this weekend and next Sat i am afraid - next Sun (15th) i was hoping to make the club run as i have not ridden one for a while

The weekend after i was thinking of going to Wales

So its looking like the end of the month for me 28th/29th