Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:54 pm
Actually, the Aussie Pursuits are a good stepping stone to proper bunch racing as the group riding is much easier to cope with: the groups are smaller and the pace is more even (less attacking, less messing around) as the "breaks" have been artificially set up from the start.

The pedant in me must point out though that they're not true handicaps as there is no calculation to bring it all together AT the line. All things being equal (ie everyone works) then it'll come together much sooner. But what it does mean is that for a short race (typically not much more than an hour) the racing is from the gun and more people get a chance to see the front.

Very good training though as it is usually very hard all the way as you're surrounded by riders of a similar standard.

Don't forget the BC series up in the Wolds also!
by like my bike Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:16 pm
Who's going to Lightwater week today?

A J

by ChrisC Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:38 am
Ill be there battling it out for last place/2nd last

by like my bike Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:43 pm
Chris how was your day ? Did nt see you I heard it was the biggest entry in 16 years 400+ entries.

Next year Im going to try and motivate the family to ride the family event it was great to see so many people having a go!

I finished 13th in the senior open event. Andrew Windrum was the winner.

A J

by ChrisC Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:01 pm
I came 14th which i am quite happy with. I got stuck behind loads of riders at the start but clawed my way back up the field.

It was good fun and I will be on the look out for other races.

by MarkA Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:47 pm
Well done lads
Did it end up just the two of you?
Article with photos please to motivate the rest of us

by Tullio Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:59 pm
Gill and I did it. I was reasonably satisfied with 95 mins in the Vets and Gill came 12th in the ladies but was quite chuffed at being only 8 mins off the winner against some much /younger fitter opposition. Great event though. Let's have some more next year.