Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:38 am
I'd be interested, but couldn't find anything of use on that website! What's it like? Is it a proper race or a fun event? How far? How technical is the course?

by like my bike Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:18 am
Race duration winner about 1h:30mins mid field 1h:45mins usually 4 or 5 laps.

Race starts from a field adjacent to shopping area, through a wooded section usually a bit twisty but nothing too challenging the course then makes its was out to the quarry area a few bumps but not granny ring stuff! Via good tracks twists back to the theme park with a couple of short ups and downs following the roller coaster ride. Cross fields onto park paths to start finish line.

Its all rideable and pretty low key especially if you enter the fun event.

A J

by Arthur Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:32 am
Sounds cool. I'd be up for it if there's a group going.

by charlie Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:59 am
Might give it a go. I've heard a lot about it, but never seen any info. Does this event really exist?!

by like my bike Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:10 pm
I rode it last year I dont think it was a dream!! :wink:

A J

by NickScull Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:09 pm
I had said that I wasn't going to put a number on all year, but this might tempt me. Imagine - a CCC team in an MTB event.

What categories are there, and what is everyone going to enter?

Nick

by Arthur Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:05 am
Senior men seems the obvious one for old fogies like us.

by Rob Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:07 pm
If there's a few of you riding I'll look into bringing the clubrun past to give you a shout.

There's some of AJ's photo0s from last year on the main website - look under stories and pics.

by ChrisC Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:12 pm
I've entered into the race in the "sports" category.

by like my bike Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:42 am
Yep!

My entries gone of for Senior Men Cat.

See you there!

A J

by MarkA Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:06 am
Think i am more veteran status

Out of interest how does this work

All the races seem "overlap" time wise

I presume they dont just throw increasing numbers of people onto the same course?

Are there different courses with additional loops etc or is it just that races are different durations and in fact they dont overlap?

It will take a bit more info before i pluck up the courage to enter
MA
by Tullio Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:51 am
Gill rode this event several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit slippery in the rain apparently.
I'm probably going to take Seb (11 yo) along this year for him to have a go at the fun event so if there's any other keen youngsters/beginners feel free to tag along.

by like my bike Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:36 am
Mark

Start times

Sprogs 9.00 @ 1 lap
Family & Fun 9.00 @ 1 lap
Juveniles 9.15 @ 1 lap
Juniors 9.30 @ 3 laps
Senior 9.45 @ 3 laps
Youth 10.00 @ 2 laps
Ladies 12.30 @ 2 laps
Sports 12.45 @ 3 laps
Vet 1.00 @ 3 laps
Experts 1.15 @ 4 laps

The races starting at 9.00 - 9.15 will have finished by 9.45, there is a starting loop so no clash of riders on the course. The start is in a field and is pretty broad so it gives the faster riders a chance to forge ahead before the narrower sections. Due the great mix of riders entering each category the race soon spreads out which is great as you will rarley be out of sight of other riders. Oh theres a commentator and a great cup of tea after.

Remember its a charity event so its well worth having a go!

See you there anyone want a lift Im racing senior

A J

by like my bike Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:42 am
Mark

You mentioned courage dont you normally ride 100 + miles audax events !!! give it a go.

A J