Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by charlie Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:58 am
Alright guys, I won the mtb race yesterday, but it was the wierdest race. Again a small field, but some good riders, the course was poorly marked out. I was leading early on and then went the wrong way and had to chase back up. Kept dropping this lad, only for him to appear back on my wheel, turns out he was cutting a section out (still finished ahead of him despite this!). Lost a contact lense and had to dive into the car for an old pair of specs! Then the lad who was leading retired with an injury so I was in first place! Just a bizzare day. Didnt feel like a win. Got to stand on the top step though!

We need more people out there racing MTBs. COME ON!!!!!! (you dont get traffic jams at the finish line)

by Rob Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:38 am
Well done Charlie - could have been those Superman specs? :lol:

by PhilBixby Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:40 am
Excellent stuff Charlie - well done :D

<<(you dont get traffic jams at the finish line)>> - this is true, but then in road racing you don't get <<turns out he was cutting a section out>> or <<went the wrong way and had to chase back up>> either :wink:

by like my bike Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:53 am
Congratulations Charlie 'a wins a win'

A J

by fatsprinter Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:19 pm
Well done Charlie. Did you get kisses from two gorgeous women like you see on telly? That would encourage people.

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by charlie Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:57 am
Colin, the race was in North Wales, What do you think?!

by fatsprinter Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:04 pm
Baaaaaaaa :wink:

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!