Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:48 pm
Photos (generally very murky, reflecting the weather) of the race on the Donny Wheelers website (www.doncasterwheelers.info). Highlights are Mark (Now did he really win.jpg) Colin S sweeping majestically over the line (DSCF0064.jpg) and Paul and I sandwiching a worried looking bloke round a corner (DSCF0046.jpg)!

by paulM Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:25 pm
As things stand now we are currently joint leaders with VS cycles on 115 points as my 7th place on Sunday has been confirmed. The Doncaster Whs event was the last counting event.
However I am still due 3 points from the Thurcroft event which was wrongly given Regional B points allocation ie points to 10th place. I believe this is because the event was advertised in the handbook as only 70km and a Regional A event has to be 80km. However the distance must have been changed as it was 80km - 25 laps of a 3.2 km circuit and this was the distance on the startsheet. I've contacted BC via the website but aren't holding my breath. If no joy will be contacting BobHowden or someone from Yorkshire Bc for clarification as I also need the points to gain 2nd cat status which is the oportunity to ride proper road races next season.
It appears the BC points system is full of glitches like this - anyone else notice the points allocated to the time trial in our road race - about 5 riders tied for 10th place but only the first rider in 10th in has been given the 1 point - 1 of the others is Paul Dixon from VS Cycles.
We are still due other points- Andy Johnson is due points from a top 10 pacing in May and we also lost 5 points when Mr Wagstaff joined Obri coaching.

by paulM Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:01 pm
Pete Sutton of BC Yorkshire has now confirmed that the race distance of the Thurcroft event was 80 km and that Paul West at BC head office should sort the points out next week when he returns from holiday.
You can send the press release now Phil.

by PhilBixby Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:10 am
Excellent stuff - tactics and endurance paid off, and you did okay in the racing too ;o) Will check the quote I make up for you before I send it off!

by paulM Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:23 pm
The points have now been amended and Clifton CC now head the table with 118 points from VS cycles With 116.

by PhilBixby Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:16 am
I noticed! (Rob's right, I should get out more) - press release re glorious victory went off yesterday.

by PhilBixby Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Press release hit the spot - all bar last paragraph printed over half a page in tonight's Evening press.