Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 am
Post your news here.

How did Steve get on at Bolderstone (?) Don't know what anyone else had on....

by Paul B Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:46 am
Did the Stockport Clarion race over in Cheshire. With heavy rain, narrow roads and lots of cars it was pretty dangerous. Several riders hit the deck and vehicles, so if the forecast is bad next year I wouldn't recommend. Fortunately though I got away with two others not long after the start, and we managed to hold a decent gap to the finish where I got the worst result from a 3 man break!

by charlie Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:00 pm
Good ride Paul. I did the midlands XC round 4 at Cannock Chase. Not a very big field, but some good riders there. Felt bad but rode in second place all race until last lap of the five, where I dropped to third. There was no touching Ady Scott though, he stormed off from the gun to win. Due to a couple of spills on route I was easily the muddiest man there!

by Rob Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:29 pm
Hey, two fine results!
How many BC points do you have for the season now, and do mtb races give BC points? Excuse the naivety.

by charlie Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:01 am
Dont know how many road points I need. Only scored about four on the road this year! Although the points are not directly transferrable, scoring on my mtb license will keep my second cat.