Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:39 am
Just wanted to get a thread started about the last few weeks of racing this year and find out who's doing what as we move closer to the last-gasp points-chasing!

My current plans are:-

10/09 Clifton RR (unless Andy's short of helpers)
17/09 Thurcroft RR (subject to daughter's social arrangements)
23/09 Barton Wheelers LVRC ..or..
24/09 Doncaster Wheelers RR

by stevesavage Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:01 pm
Races seem to be dropping out of the calendar like flies. The Thornton Trophy on Sunday was cancelled and now the Seacroft Wheelers on 27 August has been cancelled. At this rate I'll be riding the "last chance point grabbers race" in Cornwall on Christmas Eve!

by PhilBixby Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:54 pm
Seacroft Wheelers is cancelled?!? Bizzarre - they had virtually the same date last year and a full field, from my memory of it. Thurcroft? Doncaster? ermmm Lincoln Wheelers? That one south of Manchester?

by stevesavage Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:15 pm
Strange....the BCF website has the Seacroft Wheelers race as cancelled, but I've just received a start sheet with 60 riders plus 15 reserves!
Perhaps its just the E/1/2/3 race that has been cancelled as these races seem to be struggling for entries this year whilst the 3/4 have been oversubscribed.

by like my bike Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:44 pm
Spoke to the Yorkshire BC guy this evening Seacroft 3/4 IS ON the elite race is cancelled 9 entries

A J

by paulM Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:49 pm
A start sheet! the bloody event only closed on Sunday! I just love organisers who effectively close their events early. As it is I posted my entry for the 3/4cat event yesterday with a proviso that I'd ride the elite race with the National pursuit squad if full. Should have saved the stamp.