Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:13 pm
While we've been discussing the results of Muzzy, Doc Savage and co on here I heard that there's been a few of the Clifton riding the East Yorks RR League in the Wolds on Thursday evenings. These are BC Aussie Pursuits and the standard is very high (check out the content of the scratch group!) Kit, Dutch Erik and James Wagstff (still only 16 remember) have had some good results. See the link below and I'll put something in next weeks update. Any eye witness reports out there?

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/A%20to% ... tsMain.htm

by like my bike Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:00 am
Last race in series on Thursday 10th August starts at 7.00pm from Little Weighton. EOL . There a good workout!

Race Organiser

Mr Malcolm Daddy
7 Acorn Way
Jenny Brough Lane
HESSLE
East Yorkshire
HU13 0TB

acorn@daddio.karoo.co.uk

A J

by PhilBixby Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:45 am
It was a Clifton one-two in the last of the series last night. Steve, Andy J, Muzzy, Kit and I were out at the Little Weighton circuit for a 4-lap race run in mucky conditions following a massive downpour.

Steve, Andy and I went off in the first group, which wasn't hanging around but seemed collectively incapable of simple through-and-off. After the second lap prime Steve just rode off the front, getting a 30sec advantage by the bell and finishing a good minute clear of the rest of the first group, who'd still just stayed away from the rest of the field.

Andy J punctured (4th this year!) on the first lap but did a quick wheel change and was allowed to re-join on the start of the second lap. He rode strongly and sprinted away from the first group on the climb to the finish, just as the 3rd cats arrived on their heels.

Nil points for the rest of us, but a good race, and a prizegiving for the series in the pub afterwards. Steve even got a tenner for the 3rd lap prime to add to his elevation to 3rd cat status!

by Rob Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:53 am
Well done Steve and Andy - its a tough circuit on which to hold off the scratch group!