Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:21 am
5:15 at the Rufforth roundabout Arthur? Anyone else having a crack at it? 30-odd miles, fairly flat circuit, set off in (vaguely) abilty-related groups, all good fun. Race starts 7:00pm.

by Arthur Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:52 am
I'll be there. BroomWagon is muttering about it. He needs encouraging :)

by PhilBixby Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:10 am
Oi! Broomwagon! Get on yer bike and get out there!

Seriously tho they're good fun; friendly and less intimidating than a bunch of sixty-plus, but can still be pretty quick. Go on, you know you want to!

by like my bike Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:57 am
I'll be there !!

A J

by like my bike Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:16 am
I'll be there !!

A J

by BroomWagon Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:04 pm
Ho Hum -sorry I'm not there, I'm a wuss, but with the rain beating down on my loft windows as I type this, can't say I'm missing it :wink:

by Arthur Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:07 pm
Well, it was rather wet. Fun in an odd way though.

by PhilBixby Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:08 pm
Update on next season's series from the TLI website:-

"THE CHEVIN CYCLES TLI ROAD RACE SERIES. Cliff Beldon informs me he has a new sponsor for the 2007 season and the series format has changed to 8 events with 5 to count plus one compulsory marshalling duty. Cliff would like to congratulate all involved with the 2006 events for their excellent cooperation and conduct while taking part in the events and Cliff will look forward to your support of the 2007 events."

Will post further info when it's available. For anyone teetering on the brink of road racing this year, the Boroughbridge series would make a really good way into it.

by BroomWagon Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:29 pm
"Anyone teetering on the brink of road racing" :- sounds like the TLI's the thing for me next year :)