Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by fatsprinter Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:12 pm
Now that Clifton has a vastly expanded race team, as the designated fat sprinter fastman riding for Clifton, I would like to invite offers to be part of my lead out train.

Job Description
The ability to ride hard on the front within the last 5-10 miles is essential.
No tactical knowledge is necessary, just fast legs and lactic tolerance.
Some bodymass to protect sprinter would be desireable, but not essential.
Four to five riders would be ideal, but more would be a bonus.

Applications would be particularly welcome from:

Early lead out men miles 5&4: Arthur and Phil
Mid grit lead of man: Paul
Later lead out men mile 2-0: Charlie and Colin Hawxby.

Any other reasonable applications excepted.

Please apply either in writing through this forum or in person on chain gang.

Many thanks

Fatsprinter

:twisted:

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:52 pm
Hmmmm... "designated"... is that like Zabel?
:twisted: :wink:

by fatsprinter Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:23 pm
No, its cos I'm fat and a sprinter. Whereas Zabel is just a sprinter, or super lead out man now, but still pretty fast for an old bloke, whereas I'm pretty fast for a fat bloke. On the flat at least.

Schaarf!!

by Arthur Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:52 am
Turn up on Saturday and I'll give you a good lead out :)

by Rob Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:56 pm
Maybe you need a couple of lean types to get you over any minor undulations in the first 100k also?

by fatsprinter Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 am
Yep, a couple of early race domestiques sacrificed to help me get over the lumpy bits would be good. The odd push would be very helpful. In all seriousness, chain gang and the local TLI league will look great with the masses of Red and Black Clifton riders (when the kit arrives). There should be no excuses for not having a rider in a break. And whilst I realise team racing is difficult at this level, could I please ask that no-one chases me when I'm attacking and off the front. I, likewise, will not chase down a fellow Cliftonite should they be up the road. I will dutifully sit on the front and police attacks and get towed accross with anything interesting that comes accross. Contrary to perceptions of me being a fat sprinter, I do like an attacking race and like to be off the front. Death or Glory. The win or nothing. Unfortunately whilst I've been close on a couple of occasions, getting caught withing a few hundred metres of the line, Glory has been sadly lacking. Still, attacking races make good stories. :lol:

Schaarf!!