Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:35 pm
another email received - just to remind you all that this weekend is the Clifton RR and I know Andy will welcome support from all of you.

PRESS RELEASE

An exciting new Sportive will be held in Mid Wales on Sunday September 10th. The Trans Cambrian Cyclo Sportive starts in the old market town of Rhayader in the middle of Wales, crosses the Cambrian Mountains to Machynlleth, follows the coast road down to Talybont and then returns over the Cambrian Mountains to Rhayader via Nant-y-Moch, Devils Bridge and the Elan Valley.

The route will take you through some of the most beautiful and spectacular scenery in the whole of Wales, and as an added bonus, the roads themselves are quiet and well surfaced.

At 140 km, it is shorter than many Sportives, but the hilly profile makes it a very strenuous and challenging course.

Use your end of season fitness to take up the challenge, and enjoy what is destined to become on of the most popular Sportives on the British calendar.
Entries can be made online at www.clivepowell-mtb.co.uk or by post; send an sae to:
Clive Powell,
Trans Cambrian Cyclo Sportive,
Clive Powell Mountain Bike Centre,
Cwmdauddwr Arms, West Street,
Rhayader, Powys. LD6 5AB

by Arthur Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:22 am
Should I create another group to put this sort of announcement in? Then we could keep them out the way of the main group?

by Arthur Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:36 am
I've added an 'Annoucements' group for this sort of stuff now. We'll see how it goes. I can always get ride of it if it's not popular.