Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:36 pm
email received:

I have gained your e-mail address from the British Cycling website link to cycling clubs so I do hope you don't mind me contacting you in this way. I work for a charity called Epilepsy Action, A membership charity based in Yorkshire, providing advice, information and support to people in the UK living with epilepsy.

Over the weekend of 22 - 24 September we are organising the Alsace & Burgundy Cycle Challenge 2006.

The Challenge is for teams of four to cycle over 520 miles through France in just three days. The entry fee per team is £900, whichcovers all channel crossings, accommodation and food whilst on the challenge, including a celebration dinner on the final night in Beaune, Burgundy. All we then ask is for the teams to raise a minimum of £1000 between them, just £250 each with 50% coming to Epilepsy Action and the remaining 50% going to a charity of their choice.

For further details please visit our website www.epilepsy.org.uk/involved/cyclechallenge.html where you can also download further information andan entry form.

If you would like further information about the challenge, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0113 2108800 or via e-mail to: dfisher@epilepsy.org.uk

Having taken part in three challenges myself, I can tell you that if you do it once, you'll be back for more every year!!

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon, if you are not interested, please pass this on to anyone you know who might be up for the challenge

David Fisher
Senior Fundraiser

Epilepsy Action
Tel: +44 (0)113 210 8800
Fax: +44 (0)113 391 0300
To view our email disclaimerclick here.