Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:08 pm
Just an advance sounding-out of how many people are planning on doing these? They're every fortnight, so there's still the chance to do the chaingang on the inbetweeny weeks - but presumably it could get a bit thin on the days it clashes. Entry required two weeks before each event. Also, is TLI membership needed? It says "open to all" whereas some other races are noted as members only. So, I'm guessing it's not?

Info at http://www.theleagueinternational.org/m ... 2&Itemid=2 for anyone who's not yet seen it.

by Arthur Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:17 pm
I'm thinking about doing them.

by fatsprinter Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:00 pm
I am definately doing them. I like them, they are fun and not to be taken too seriously.

I believe you have to marshall 1 in 4 I think but not sure. It would be great. I would do the chain gangs in between but I'd always rather race than train. :D

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by like my bike Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:20 pm
Yep Im up for the first couple details of first event below, do you have to enter the series? :lol:

TUESDAY 25TH APRIL. TRAINING RACE. YORKSHIRE AND NORTH EAST.

BOB JACKSON R.T. TRAINING RACE SERIES 1. Coronation Hall, Boroughbridge. All Cats. 30 miles. Start 7pm. Handicap RR. Closing date 14 Days prior to race date. Open to all at £15 per series. Condition of entry is one compulsory marshalling at an event you choose.

Cliff Beldon. 31, Woodlands View, Barlby, Selby. YO 8 5 XL Telephone 07957 703 220

A J

by Arthur Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:51 am
You do indeed have to marshal one in four. Seems reasonable enough.

I'll get my entry form off then.

by PhilBixby Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:48 am
First one's next week - who else has signed up?

by PhilBixby Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:19 pm
Another question - anyone who did the previous Boroughbridge races know where each of the circuits listed on the start sheet go? And where do we turn up and sign in - at the Coronation Hall? And at 7, or early enough for race start at 7? Nil points for the start sheet!

by damo Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:27 pm
can we enter on the line as unsure if will do the whole series and how much will it cost.

by PhilBixby Thu May 25, 2006 7:13 am
Reminder time, as I've heard a few people talking about doing the second series of these. It starts on Tuesday 20th June and entries for the series should be in two weeks before that.

This series has been fun, and definitely makes a change from the chaingang. Ride out is a nice warm-up, ride back (bring lights!) a social ride in the gathering dusk, all very pleasant.

by PhilBixby Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:03 pm
Anyone signed up to do the second series then?

by Arthur Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:17 pm
Pondered, but it's not a stunning prospect with only three races, marshall for one and still £15 same as the first, which was a race longer.

by PhilBixby Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:49 pm
Same as first series - four races of which you have to marshall at one, so you get three at £5 each which is still cheaper even than LVRC! They've been good fun and quite a few locals - the two Colins plus Simon H and a couple of other chaingang regulars last night.

by Arthur Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:04 pm
What are the dates then? Both the TLI handbook and the Bob Jackson website said three for the second series. I may have missed one mind.

by fatsprinter Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:29 pm
Apprantly, you don't have to marshall yourself, rather a representative who you have kindly asked, requested, cajouled or commandered, so I will be doing some grovelling. This seems a good solution. They are happy as long as it is marshalled. There are four and it will be fun. No crashes yet!!

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by Arthur Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:48 pm
I'm happy to marshall, but what are the dates for the four? I really can only find three.

Cheers,

Arthur