Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by BroomWagon Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:16 pm
Good club run on Sunday - hopefully I can come out again this Sunday if one or two of you fancy a 80/90ish mile ride without a stop.

Arthur - I know you told me on Sunday, but what date is that race, what time is the start, where and when do you meet and where is the HQ?

And I can turn up on the day with no BCF licence and race?

Phew what a lot of questions.

And finally - I know its short notice but Arthur, are you planning to do the VC chaingang Tuesday 6.00 o clock. I'm supposed to be going to a boozy do at work but I may do that instead.

by Arthur Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:31 pm
I'm doing the VC chaingang on Tuesday.

Race is 7pm (you'll need to be there about 6.30). HQ is the Coronation Hall in Boroughbridge. It's a TLI race not BCF so don't bring a BCF license :) Not sure what the total cost for EOL is if you don't have a license but I don't think it's massive. I'm sure Phil and I will be riding out again. 5.15 from the Wetherby Rd roundabout. That's a week tomorrow.

For next Sunday, I've mucked up and will be doing a long ride on Saturday instead due to needing to cook food for people on Sunday. I'd welcome company if anyone wants to come along on that.

by Rob Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:15 pm
The clubrun on Sunday will most definitely be of the traditional type with a cafe stop and at a reasonable tempo.

Destination is somewhere over the Southern Wolds. I believe Skidby Mill cafe is still closed (can anyone confirm?). If this is the case, the break may well be later on in the ride so its recommended to bring a banana. :idea:

See you all in the Square at 0900.

by Arthur Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:11 pm
I'm sure that Willy and Bernard had a cafe stop this Sunday as well :)

by BroomWagon Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm
Ah...traditional club run eh...that'll be going never slower than 20mph, attacks on every climb, sprints for every sign post and when it looks like someone's really suffering - really upping the tempo, at least that was a traditional club run in my day :lol: . Still sounds like you're going my neck of the woods so I could turn up and hang on as long as possible and then head for home when I've had enough :wink:

Arthur, may see you on Stockton Lane at 6.00PM tomorrow, unless the beer gets too tempting.

by Rob Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:35 am
"Ah...traditional club run eh...that'll be going never slower than 20mph, attacks on every climb, sprints for every sign post and when it looks like someone's really suffering - really upping the tempo, at least that was a traditional club run in my day"

- I know this is all tongue in cheek, but I have to state for those just browsing through that our clubruns are absolutely NOT like this! Our runs are sociable and inclusive.