Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by BroomWagon Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:34 pm
Wey hey - my good lady has given me a pass out for my annual attendance on the Sunday club run this weekend :lol: . Is anyone going to be there? I don't want to turn up at the square and find you're all racing and where are you going?

by Rob Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:35 am
There'll be someone there Steve, but unlikely to include me as we have visitors this weekend. Pateley Bridge is specified, but open to change. I'll definitely be out the weekend after as I'm getting withdrawl symptoms....

by Arthur Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:41 am
I'll be out for a ride. Pately suits me fine, though I won't be stoppng for a cafe stop I'm afraid.

I was thinking Pately -> Yorks Folly -> back via Pannel/Wetherby etc. About 80 miles.

Cheers,

Arthur

by Rob Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:57 pm
Most will want a traditional clubrun with cafe though, so you have a choice.

by BroomWagon Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:17 pm
Shame you're not out Rob, though if it's rainy I will postpone my club run till next week also.

Out if choice I'd rather go North or East of York, the roads to the West always seem busier and selfishly because I've got to ride back across York to get home if we go West, but I can't expect to dictate where the club run goes as I'm only out once in a blue flood so I'll go with the flow.

If we're only going to do 80ish miles though, I'm with you Arthur, I'm not sure I'd have a cafe stop (though enjoyable) and it would mean I'd be home earlier if I didn't stop, so would put me in the good books with my better half.

by Arthur Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:21 pm
I need to build the miles up gradually ready for the Tan Hill ride in a few weeks, but as Rob says, I'm sure others will be out for longer with a cafe stop.

by Arthur Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:25 pm
If it's only thee and me (and maybe Helen Scull) out for a non-stop ride, I'm quite happy to go north instead. I'll be there on Sunday morning and will play it by ear.

Arhtur

by BroomWagon Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:46 pm
Sounds good, but we'll see on the day. If I ride with you and Helen though I'm going to be tested wherever the road goes upwards - but that's good, that's what I want.