Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:51 am
Since my "Plan B" comprised being club couch potato over the weekend, what did everyone get up to? And in particular, how did the Hull 2-stage RR contingent do?

by Arthur Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:04 am
I was in Bruges on Saturday drinking nice Belguim beer and eating much food :D

Sunday I pottered out for a few hours in the mildly hot weather. 31C my computer said. The tarmac was melting out towards Thorner.

by stevesavage Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:07 pm
3 Clifton riders were placed in the top 10 overall at the Hull Thursday race on Sunday.

In the morning there was a 7k time trial. I came 8th, Paul M 15th, Paul B 22nd and Andy 26th. In the afternoon road race Paul B got into the decisive break and finished a fantastic 2nd. The 20 second time bonus moved him up to 6th overall. Paul M sprinted clear of the bunch in the last few hundred metres to get 5th and 10th overall. I was happy to finish in the main bunch after crashing on the penultimate lap to get 8th overall.

Details here http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/2006/2stage/2stage.html

by PhilBixby Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:42 pm
Excellent stuff! Both Pauls have been regularly racking up points, and you must be heading rapidly towards 3rd Cat eh Steve?

by Rob Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:38 am
8)

by MarkA Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:52 pm
Caught up with chaps tonight so can bring a belated update on the club run Sunday
Keith volunteered to lead ride up to Dalby forest
Willy and I peeled off on Castle Howard Drive with prior commitments
Iain reports a good 90 miles in the company of Richard, Arnie and Matt
And a new cafe to boot

by paulM Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Just been checking the result from last Sundays race on the BC website. This shows points been awarded for the road race & the TT but not the overall? So Me & Paul Bridgen do ok but Steves excellant overall result isn't recognised -he just gets 2 pts for the TT. Yet the BC handbook says points are awarded on the overall?
Steve - you might aswell have sat up after crahing instead of murdering yourself to get back on - it was all for nothing.
A small point but it may be worth clarifying before our event. Sundays prize presentation was a long drawn out farce - we need to be clear how the overall will be worked especially if there are time bonuses and this should be made clear on the start sheet.
The event really sinks or swims on getting this right.

by Paul B Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:41 pm
I think there may have been another error with the overall result being missed out. Points should also have been rewarded for the overall, and the commissaire did complete the form with the first incorrect overall results.......

by stevesavage Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:50 pm
The BCF website has been updated with the overall results - so we are all in the points!

by paulM Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:33 pm
Yes I now have my "overall" point but for some reason I've lost a point on the road stage - I should have had 6 but I only got 5. Nevermind - I still have my 3 pts banked from that Darlington RR where I was nowhere near the points!
Anyway we're now only 2pts away from leading the prestigious regional pts series.
Star Bikes Richard Moore has the 72 pts on his own so 5 or 6 of us between us should be able to get the betterof him?