Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:34 pm
Hey, now we're back on air - how did you all fair at the weekend?

For the first time in almost exactly 3 years I can report a race result! Rode the Border City Wh Hilly 22 with Steve and Arny, part of the open series. Good course, long hard drags, nothing too steep, in the shadow of Skiddaw - great stuff. 66 entries. Was won with a "55", Steve was 15th with a long "58" I came in 22nd another minute and a half back. Arny won the V60 prize by a cool 6 minutes! Great fun, race wheels now back gathering dust again.

I heard Mark had an "off" on the clubrun.

What did the rest of you do?

by PhilBixby Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:06 pm
I trailed in dismally in the Simon Terry RR at Beckwithshaw, feeling the effects of a couple of weeks devoid of any serious intensity after my prang at Wakefield left me with a pulled thigh muscle. Paul Bridgen had a perkier ride than me, but still only made it to the finish in the bunch. It was a hard race in the heat.

Just back from the second of the Boroughbridge TLI races (second series) this evening - again very steamy - and another good ride by Steve which saw him get 4th. After Steve's group stayed away last week they tweaked the handicaps, resulting in the 3rd and scratch groups catching everyone during the first of four laps! I was happily in the bunch for all but the last mile when the pace left me. Arthur did his marshalling duties.