Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 am
This Thursday's event is on the Whenby Circuit with the HQ at Sheriff Hutton x-roads. Course details are on the web site, its a good one this with some rolly stickley-back bits (c)KS and some flat bits. Sign on at 1900 for 1930 start.

Would all riders please note the advice after last week's event:

Numbers on your hip and the right way up please!
Shout your number as you finish
Please don't distract the timekeeper
Keep the road clear at the start, the finish and the HQ.
Thanks

Jobs for helpers:
Course set up - me
Start timekeeper - me
Pusherofferer - Rob Hyams
Marshal first left turn N of SH - Will Thompson
Marshal second left turn at Brandsby - Mal Craven
Marshal third left turn at Stillington - Dave Cook
Finish Timekeeper - Claire Gilmartin
Number spotter - Mick McCormick

Thanks Team

See you there
R

by cath Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:43 pm
There is a 'riders notes' at the start, previous years everyone who wanted to could read it...but it's likely to get lost in the crowds now....

So here it is...

RIDERS NOTES - WHENBY COURSE
1. Please be careful when warming up near the crossroads. Be considerate of local residents. Keep the start area clear at all times & please do not distract the Timekeeper.

2. After your ride, please return to the start area - do not speak to, distract or bother the Timekeeper(s) as they have to concentrate. Results will be posted to the website later.

3. Marshal's are only there to indicate direction - they cannot direct traffic, it is up to you to ensure that it is safe to proceed.

4. The roads through Whenby are single-track, be aware of traffic and horses - esp farm traffic.

5. The road between Stillington & Farlington has some sharp, narrow bends.

6. Most of the roads on this course are unclassified country lanes, watch out for mud, pot holes and other debris.

by willhub Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 am
I've never marshalled before, when I get there will I be told where to go exatly like on a map and also I guess I just point in the direction when a cyclist comes by and if its clear or not?

by Arthur Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 am
3. Marshal's are only there to indicate direction - they cannot direct traffic, it is up to you to ensure that it is safe to proceed.

Just point the direction. You're there to ensure people don't get lost, not to direct traffic. I'm sure Rob will explain to you exactly where you need to go when you get there.