Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Jon G Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:51 am
Does anyone know where Kevin' s ride on Saturday may be going. Not been for a few weeks because of work and was hoping to come along tommorrow but wont be abel to make it for 10am . Thought I might ride out later and hope to meet the group at the cafe, but obviously need to kinow where to head for. I was down to do the White Rose on Sunday but have had to withdraw because Im working which was a real bummer. ( Oh the joys of a family business!!)This cycling lark just seems to get in the way of things :( :evil:

Jon

by willhub Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:55 am
Dont think anyone knows untill the day, it seems it changed right up untill the event as every week there is new people.
by Rob Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:13 pm
Jon G wrote:This cycling lark just seems to get in the way of things :( :evil:

Other way around , mate :wink:

by Jon G Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 pm
D'oh. I cant believe i wrote that. Should try reading things through first
cheers Rob
by Dr Dave Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:40 pm
Jon G wrote:Does anyone know where Kevin' s ride on Saturday may be going. Not been for a few weeks because of work and was hoping to come along tommorrow but wont be abel to make it for 10am . Thought I might ride out later and hope to meet the group at the cafe, but obviously need to kinow where to head for. I was down to do the White Rose on Sunday but have had to withdraw because Im working which was a real bummer. ( Oh the joys of a family business!!)This cycling lark just seems to get in the way of things :( :evil:

Jon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur wrote:
I'll be there. Given my current lack of miles, realism dictates skipping the White Rose Classic. Head up to Pannel/Norword Edge way?

If you can't do the White Rose, I know their reserve list is also fully subscribed so you might just make someones day if you notify them.

If you tell them you're not riding you might just make someone else's day!

by Dr Dave Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:46 pm
Howard was down to do the White Rose as well - not sure if this means he might not be leading his usual 'race' ( ;) ) on Saturday but may be a factor. He does occ check the board so may be able to confirm.

by Jon G Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:56 pm
I've already informed them, they said that they would ptut me down as a DNS. Well I suppose its up to them if they can allocate someone else then good stuff. I didnt know anyone particular who wasnt already riding it.