Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Tullio Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:50 am
What's everyone doing on Sunday, solo or groups?

I'll be riding round with Gill and estimate an average of 14-15 mph mark. Anyone that wants to join us is welcome.

I've got 2 friends joining us who will probably want to ride a bit quicker so if there's a 16+ posse out maybe they could link up with you. One's as strong as an Ox so I recommend tucking in behind him when the going gets tough.

by Tullio Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:55 pm
Also. Steph's asked me to offer up her place on the board.

She can't make it now and it's too late to recycle throught the organisers so if anyone wants to enjoy a challenge and be 'Steph Fountain' for a day...first come first served I suppose.

by barberj Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:00 am
I did the the short White Rose Four of us did the short one and talk about mechanical problems:

Broken Chain on first big hill. Mended that but put it in the wrong side of the chainstay so had to do it again!
Tire destroyed (anyway a great big whole in it) via locking up on a bend with smoke coming off it!
Two punctures after the tyre problem. We used the plastic of the race number as a puncture shield after the first puncture but it must have moved after another 4 miles.
Replacement of tyre at first stop with one of us having to go back 6 miles in a car to get the tyre to Paul Scott who had the stopped at a Pub after the second puncture.

I was waiting for the frogs to rain out of the sky next.

I was a bit like to Tortoise and the hare as we passed and were passed 4 times by a group of MTB’s!

Took us 4:51 to do the short one of which 3 hours 1 min was riding.

Jeff