Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:00 am
Part midweek report and part request:-

The request bit - back at the start of the season we did a planner for who's riding what; this has got well out of date. If you've got race plans for the rest of the season then let me know and I'll update it so everyone can work out travel or other arrangements.

The report bit:- Steve S had a fine ride to 2nd (and veeeery nearly won) in the first of the current Boroughbridge TLI series of four events, going off in the second group which worked well together and stayed well clear of the following two groups despite them containing some strong riders. Arthur discovered that compact gearing and a strong tailwind aren't a good combination but enjoyed the race. I was marshalling but had my thrills for the evening earlier at the presentation for the first series, picking up 6th overall plus the award for "most aggressive rider" - my other half nearly passed out laughing when she saw this ("you? aggressive?"). Many other chaingang regulars were there but there's still a chance to enter on the line for remaining events - good fun.

It was seriously windy for last night's Huddersfield Evening RR. Paul Bridgen missed the six-man break but rode strongly to get himself ahead of the bunch in the last couple of laps and take - I assume - seventh. Neither Andy or I made it to the end - in that weather if you're off the back you stand no chance - but Andy at least had a better excuse as it was a quick stint on the front that did the damage.

Who's out on the training ride on Saturday then?!
Last edited by PhilBixby on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Rob Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:13 am
Fantastic!
:D :lol: :P 8) :) :D :!:

by like my bike Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:17 am
Phil my RR plans

28 June, Wednesday Otley Crit
12 July, Wednesday Wakefield OR 13 July, Wednesday (RR League) Etton
23 July, Sunday Cycleworks RR
5 Aug, Saturday Hetton Hawks circuit race
10 Aug, Wednesday (RR League) Little Weighton
27 Aug, Sunday Seacroft RR

A J

by PhilBixby Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:43 am
Hi Andy

Mine are:-

02 July Simon Terry RR
04 July Boroughbridge TLI
08 July Barton Wheelers LVRC (any other oldies interested??)
12 July Wakefield Evening RR already entered (- lift would be great if you decide to do this instead of the RR League but will understand if you don't!)
18 July Boroughbridge TLI
23 July Cycleworks RR
01 Aug Boroughbridge TLI

Might be interested in the Hetton Hawks circuit race (anyone done any of them??) and the 10th Aug RR League - will almost certainly do the latter.