Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:21 pm
Well put together article, but nothing new. I guess we'll never really know will we?! It was a blummin' long read - could have done with a shot of something to help me get the end!

by Dave B Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:09 am
Speaking of Armstrong and David Walsh, has anything further emerged re. that 'LA Confidential' bean-spilling publication that was mentioned in the sports press not so long back? Still on the subject of doping, havimg read 'Breaking the Chain' (which only ended up making me loathe Willy Voet even more than I already did), just who was the Classics winner whose name was dropped from the English-language version of the book but who managed to claim the honours in a significant Continental race after dodging the dope control?

Dave B (almost repaired after the recent Ilkley Moor 'episode')

by Arthur Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:20 am
Did you read the linked article? This trial is all about the LA Confidential stuff.

As for that pro, ask me when you see me in person as to my guess :)

Cheers,

Arthur

by Dave B Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm
Oops. Better pay more attention next time - I suppose that's what comes of reading/posting messages in the wee small hours whilst half asleep!
By way of a hopefully more significant and rather less half-baked contribution to the thread, I noticed in the weekend papers (Saturday's Times, chiefly) that a fresh crop of allegations - apparently made under oath - re. Armstrong and use of banned products have been made by Frankie Andreu, one of his ex-Motorola team-mates. Could be hot air or a whole new can of worms, will just have to keep an eye on the press.

Dave