Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:34 am
All being well, I'll be doing it.

Arthur

by Broom Wagon Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:19 pm
Good oh, I shall be using adequate gearing this year so I don't have to walk up that climb over Blakey again :lol:

by Broom Wagon Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:46 pm
What a great day the Ron Kitchin was. Ended up with a bunch of lad from various parts of the country who were a real good laugh - it just happens like that sometimes.

But stand by to be amazed by tales of athletic prowess. (drum roll) I got up Rosedale Chimney - not only without walking but (wait for it) with a gear to spare. woo woo! Ok, ok, it was an accident I thought I was in my 39x25 but I was in my 39x23 and I would have probably got up quicker on the 25, but years ago I saw the Milk race go up there and some of the guys jumped off their bikes and ran, so therefore I must be as good as them because I rode it, in fact I must be better than them because I had a gear to spare! So Monday morning I'm going to quit my job and become an extremely successful pro cyclist, now that Tour de France can't be as hard as they make out, but even more astounding than that - now this will really impress you, I even managed to keep up with that Savage bloke (for bit anyway) :wink:

by Broom Wagon Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:43 am
By the way, anyone, in case you don't know me, that above about me being better than a pro cycling was firmly tongue in cheek :lol: . These fellows have levels of ability which for someone like me is inconceiveable (even the ones that run up the chimney). Still I shall have my moment of glory I got up the chimney :D :D :D without walking, did I mention Rob Gledhill got off his bike at the side of me, had a relaxed walk up and still got up quicker than me. I think I will delay the start of my professional racing career for a little while yet :lol: