Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:13 pm
So, what were you all up to then and how did you get on?

Have heard that Keith W rode the C2C event on Sunday covering 145 miles including a 15 mile navigational hic-cup in the Dales!

7 of us completed the Yorkshire Alps ride together (Helen, Willy, Steve, Stuart, Ian K, Andy and me). 244km and 2800m of climbing in 11hr-53min "Square to Square" All finished "in good order". Great ride, I can see this becoming an annual fixture - join us next year!

by Broom Wagon Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:17 pm
I did the Great Yorkshire Bike Ride (yes I know a charity event :oops: ) which went from Wetherby to Filey, over Terrington bank and Settrington. It was lovely weather with a tail wind. I rode most of the ride with three chaps from Malton Wheelers (did you know there was a Malton cycle club) and ended up doing the 70miles in 3hrs 29 mins at an average for the day of 20.19mph which I thought was ok for a charity ride. It was a good fun, not serious day topped off with meeting the missis and kids in Filey for a lovely afternoon on the beach - perfect day 8)
by like my bike Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:38 am
A warm day in Boroughbridge, at the HQ the tree tops were swaying so it was nt a still day. On the course its was one of those days when the wind was in your face after each turn. Field included 60 riders & 4 tandems quality tea and cakes after, thank's to Pete Skelton for the lift!

1.=Stephen Henson, Yorkshire RC, 57.16
1.= Gordon Midgley, Yorkshire RC, 57.16
3. Steve Gore-Brown Team Swift, 57.17
4. James Cullen, Otley CC, 59.35
5. Simon Atkinson, Triangle RT, 59.57

Clifton CC riders

Andrew Johnston, 1.05.31
Pete Skelton, 1.06.00
Patrick Knoble, 1.09.19
Bob Harrison, 1.14.28

Link to event photo's

http://www.kimroyphotography.co.uk/imag ... wType=List