Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Helen Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 am
I have planned a longer ride for this Sunday

We will leave the square at 0830 and head of for Osmotherly and then over to the Moors and on to Rosedale.

If you plan to come along could you let me know by Friday so I have idea of numbers when planning the route and cafe stops.
3 of us and 2 possibles at the moment.

Helen

by AndrewM Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 am
Hi Helen, what sort of distance do you think it will be?

by willhub Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:04 am
Is this ride for club members only?

by Helen Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 pm
The ride will be about 120 miles with some big climbs

Helen

by BroomWagon Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:32 pm
I said I might be able to do this but I think this ride would be asking a bit much of me at the moment. Still have a good day - having done Keith Benton's Hilly Imperial a couple of times it's certainly a good route, White Horse Bank, Boltby Bank and Rosedale Chimney, certainly give you a good workout.

by Helen Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:58 am
The route will be easier than Keith's Hilly Imperial - shorter,missing out White Horse Bank and flatest way back fromHutton Le Hole.Nick has suggested riding over to Rosedale and doing the route backwards would that appeal

Helen

by dave c Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:16 pm
I helen, i normally go with Howard on a Saturday but this Sat I am doing Wiigy 100 but I'll be there on Sunday.

Dave Cook

by SimonW Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 am
Hi Helen,

I am up for this ride, see you Sunday morning.

Simon

by AndrewM Fri May 02, 2008 10:35 am
What is the route of Keith's hilly imperial - does anyone have it please?

by Rob_h Fri May 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Hiya Helen,
May well be joining you on sunday if my work doesn't end too late tomorrow....although I doubt i'll be doing the full distance this time!

Rob
by Helen Sat May 03, 2008 5:41 pm
Hi there

Route - B road to Helmse,Riveaux,Hawnby,Osmotherly,(cafe stop)Carlton Bank,Chop Gate,accross the moors to Rosedale,optional Chimney climb,HuttonLe Hole(cafe)Wellburn,Home

Helen

by Rob_h Sun May 04, 2008 2:33 am
sounds good helen, unfortunately as I just got in from work i don't think i'll make it in 5 hours! have a great ride though