Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:17 pm
Are your club members interested in bicycle touring this summer?

If so, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Cycling Poland. We are a cycle touring company which is dedicated to helping people experience the very best of polish cycling.

The vibrant city of Wroclaw is the start & end point of the week long tour as it is very well connected to the UK by European train and airline services. The tour as a whole encompasses the Lower Silesian region in the South-West of Poland. And not only does it take in all the most important cultural, historical, and natural sites, it also offers fantastic cycling. The tour is fully supported, and the distances covered daily are flexible according to the wishes of the group. Groups stay in local accommodation, eat local foods, and interact with local people.

The region of Lower Silesia has a lot to offer the cycle tourer. There is the beauty of the Sudeten Mountains, with their rolling green and yellow foothills, the deep blue lakes, the Odra River, and the Klodzko Valley. These places will fill your senses with sights, sounds, and colours which are unique to this region. There are also numerous castles (ruined & renovated) to explore, the Cistercian monasteries for contemplation, the historical churches for peace, the rejuvenating health spas, plus the Gothic and Baroque treasures of Wroclaw. There are photos of some of the sights you will see on the website.

And the tour was mentioned in last weekend’s Independent by their travel writer, Anthony Lambert:

“An Aussie who fell in love with Poland leads eight-day tours with a maximum of 10 people through Lower Silesia, calling at 12th-century castles, monasteries and spas. Luggage is transported, and Cycling Poland…even has a mobile catering van to fortify participants”.

If you would like to receive more detailed information about the tour please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m available during normal working hours on +44 (0) 1536 738 038, via this email address, I can send you some brochures, or you can visit the website at www.cyclingpoland.com

As I’m a supporter of cycling clubs, I'd like to offer all of your members a 10% discount off the tour price. All they have to do is mention the club's name in the reservation form's comments section.

Looking forward to cycling with you!