Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by BroomWagon Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:06 pm
Anyone know if the Forth Bridge has provision for cyclists, like the Humber Bridge for example?

Beginning to plan a route for LEJOG and I don't fancy biking over a dual carriageway bridge with artics belting past at 70mph. Avoiding the Forth bridge would mean a bit of a detour.

by mattmarsden78 Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:16 pm
Take a look at the route I am taking in May http://jogle2008.googlepages.com
Click on "Route Map" and "View Larger Map" Going the way you are planning would be a mistake. You do not want to miss the beauty that is Fort William to Inverness. Amazing days cycling!!!

by Arthur Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:20 pm
There's a bike/pedestrian path. I went across it a few times when I lived in Edinburgh.

by BroomWagon Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 pm
Thanks Arthur.

Matt, I'm still formulating my route, planning to do this in July. I have thought about doing the Western route, I believe that is the more usual way, but I'm considering going via home (Elvington) just to have a rest day in the middle (could be considered cheating) and to pick up fresh clothing as I'm doing this unsupported (no back up vehicle). Though nothing's set in stone yet.

by mattmarsden78 Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Cool, well good luck. Its a great experience and a great feeling when you finish. I did it in 2006 too.