Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:58 pm
Apologies for the lack of the promised two groups. Everyone I asked said they were fine up until the point where we entered the final loop so it didn't happen.

What I suggest next week is that anyone who was dropped this week stops when we get to the start of the loop, then potters for 5 mins before riding back slowly. You should then get over the two bridges before being picked up by the group on the way back and should then be able to sit on in the flat run back.

Tonight was 22.6 mph average from roundabout to roundabout for those that were asking. The run out was 21mph to the bridges, then 23.7 for the same bit on the way back.

by mattmarsden78 Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:20 pm
Hi Arthur, that'll explain why I could not cath you guys back up when I slowed to take a drink. Looks like I chose the wrong time to do that. Lost sight at the left turn at Spofforth. Managed 20mph by the time I got back so was quite pleased. I shall try and keep up with you next week....

by Arthur Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:20 pm
Glad you'll be back next week. It's good to practice drinking without slowing down: you should be able to get a bottle out, drink, and get it back in again without stopping pedalling at all. Something to practice when there's no one around :)