Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by mal Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:01 pm
Any ICT whizzes out there who can tell me how I copy downloaded music from iTunes on to my little old Creative Muvo V200 MP3 player. I've got Msoft Vista and no IT skills to speak of when it comes to stuff like this.

by Arthur Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Does it show up as a usb drive? If so you should be able to drag files from itunes onto the usb drive. You may have to open the usb drive to try and work out the right place to put them.

by mal Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:24 pm
Arthur wrote:Does it show up as a usb drive? If so you should be able to drag files from itunes onto the usb drive. You may have to open the usb drive to try and work out the right place to put them.

Arthur if I said :?: :?: :?: :?: I hope you wouldn't be offended, but such is my Luddism when it comes to this type of thing. In my parlance - do you mean plug the bit that looks like a memory stick into one of the ports then sort of cut and paste the files but using the mouse/keypad to "drag and drop"? If so I'll give it a go whilst you're out chainganging tonight.

Thanks a lot.

Mal

by Dr Dave Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:04 pm
Not sure about this but digital rights issues may be a problem here?

by Arthur Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:13 pm
Just thought - do you mean music from the itunes store, or music ripped from a cd into itunes the program?

The former won't work on your mp3 player at all as apple are evil and only offer their downloads in a format that plays on ipods

by mal Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:26 am
Yes Arthur it was downloaded from iStore and I have now discerned Apple's deviousness. Not sure about digital rights issue Dr D, it smacks more of restrictive practice to force purchase own brand products.

Anybody know any other good sources of downloadable music?

by Arthur Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 am
I use emusic.com. It's subscription based and doesn't have much chart music but is excellent for more obscure stuff, classical, jazz and world music.

by AndrewM Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:27 pm
Mal - if I said to use the torrent sites, would that make any sense to you?

by mal Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:10 pm
AndrewM wrote:Mal - if I said to use the torrent sites, would that make any sense to you?

It makes no sese at all - but now I'll go google a gogo and investigate.

by Arthur Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:55 am
With my work hat on, I should warn that while lots of people do it, downloading music via bittorrent etc. is illegal and people have been prosecuted for it.