Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by mattmarsden78 Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:40 pm
Hi,
I wondered if anyone would mind if I tag along on the ChainGang on8th April? I have never been out with Clifton CC as I tend to do 80 to 100 milers on weekends in prep for my end to end trip in May.

I think I may be able to keep up with the 20mph pace but if not, then I can always peal off and shamefully slope off home. Meant to be good weather if a little chilly tomorrow night - No Wind!!

by Arthur Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:54 pm
I should be there tomorrow, though if it's snowing I'll stay at home!

6pm, just past the Wetherby Road roundabout. Wrap up warm :)

by IanH Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:35 pm
I hope to be there also.

Anyone else up for it

Ian H.

by Andy J Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:46 pm
I should be there

by JamesM Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:58 pm
I should be there also.

by Arthur Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 pm
Result. In view of the cold I suggest that we ride out harder than we normally do. If there's enough people out we'll have two groups, but that may have to wait a week or two.

by JamesM Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 pm
Arthur, could you tell me if this is still the chaingang route?
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=87139.
I found it by searching the forum, although it was an old result.
If not could you please tell me the basic outline of the route.
Thanks alot.

by Arthur Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:40 pm
That's the one. I'd forgotten I'd created that map. Out of interest, where's it linked from?

by mattmarsden78 Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:16 am
Well if no-one minds, then I shall tag along and try to keep up with you for as long as possible. :oops:

by Arthur Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:02 pm
See you all there.

by andymcg Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:59 pm
Hey,

Another chaingang newbie - is there one this Tuesday?

How long are they time/distance-wise? By the way, I'd say it's 90% likely that I'll get dropped, but chaingangs should be great for improving my speed...

by Arthur Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 pm
There'll be one this Tuesday as well. Meet 6pm Wetherby Road roundabout.

It's about an hour an a half, 30 miles.

If you think you might be dropped the best plan is to ride out with the group as far as the other side of the A1, then potter round for 5 mins before riding back over the two bridges. You'll then be able to try and stay with the group on the flat run back in without having to have dug deep over the lumps on the little circuit.