Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Tony Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:41 pm
It looks like another mild, dry fall day on deck for Saturday, with a slight westerly breeze. It's also the day of the clock change.

Sunset's just after 17:30, so we should get a decent ride in, but we should certainly start thinking about lights.

I don't recall that we've ever stopped in Pateley Bridge. I figure there are lots of cafe options and so I came up with what I hope is a scenic jaunt around the lanes, taking in Studley Park, Fountains Abbey and Brimham Rocks. Returning via Darley, Birstwith, KIllinghall, Scotton and Arkendale.

136Km / ~85 miles square to square.

View and download the route at RidewithGPS or click the map.

by Dr Dave Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 pm
Double post :oops:
Last edited by Dr Dave on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keep pedalling!
by Dr Dave Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:53 pm
Not sure if I'll be joining you or doing the 8.45 but just wanted to suggest that it's more scenic, on quieter roads, to go via Brimham Rocks Road rather than along the main road from Ripon to Pateley. You can then either go straight on at the crossroads by Brimham Rocks and return to the main road just before Glasshouses or turn R past Brimham Rocks then left and enter Pateley via Church Lane :D

Keep pedalling!
by Tony Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 am
Unfortunately, both options seem to bypass Brimham Rocks.

I've penciled-in your first option, which officially seems to be called Blazefield Bank, but we can discuss/adjust on the day.