Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dr Dave Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 am
With the Tour de Yorkshire coming to town on Saturday I was thinking we should incorporate a visit to the route.

I discussed this with Stu last week. The suggestion is to ride out to the route - I'm thinking of the North Newbold climb - then return to York to Stu's establishment for lunch. The race will be on screen there or passing by on the end-of-stage circuits.
This isn't fixed - anyone with a better plan is welcome to make suggestions. :D

Keep pedalling!
by Pub Landlord Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:07 pm
Hi peeps
Pretty much as Dave has posted, ride out to newbold as this would give us plenty of time to get back, (I hear these pro bikers have a couple of MPH on us lot) we will be serving the usual cycling Fayre toasted T-cakes, scones or beans with/on everything hot and cold beverages, maybe a beer? There's plenty of room for the bikes in door's rather than on the street, also if you would like to change you could drop some gear off in the morning or the day before. And of course the race it's self will be on the big screen TV, football will be taking a back seat this week :D

See you at the square Sat
Cheers Stu
by Jon G Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:19 pm
I think ill be going to watch it set off from Selby as its local and then I might ride to York to see it finish. I might head towards Stu's pub as its on route to York not far from cycle path. So might bump into some of you if your there later in afternoon. :D

Jon
by Tony Fri May 01, 2015 8:02 pm
^I think G was referring to Dowsett's hour record attempt, which is Saturday, May 2nd at the Manchester velodrome.