Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Steen Berg Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:47 pm
I was deputy for the deputy this Sunday with both Rob and Andy busy with other stuff. I was thinking if I left it long enough IanH might do this as he has more to report with doing the Saturday A ride and the Sunday Club run this weekend. We had two new faces in the Sq. Malcolm a military man and Andrew a teacher - yes what are the chances of that a teacher called Andrew who likes cycling. Andrew is not new to the club as he told me he was on club runs about 4 years ago, before my time. Andrew (not Graham) and myself made up the 6.
We rode the Cockayne loop clockwise taking our brake in the cafe at Hutton le Hole. Hear Andrew the teacher met up with his wife and I assume got a lift home in the car. He had made his plan clear in York so this came as no surprise. £9 for a full English breakfast was a surprise. So maybe the more traditional anticlockwise and cafe in Helmsley has something to be said for it. I promised 86 miles and left them wanting more with just 80.
Normal service resumes next week.

In other news
I rode the newish ( to me anyway) red route at Sutton Bank last week. As the tracks are dry it was a fantastic way to spend a couple of hours. Only had to shoulder it once up a steep bank everything else was very doable.
If you have one of these machines in your shed I would encourage you to give it a try.

Steen
by pete p Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 pm
Hi Steen, is the red route @ Sutton Bank well sign posted like the routes in Dalby Forest ?