Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:00 pm
We used to cover this route a lot in the early 90s, but it's fallen into disuse more recently - will be good to resuscitate it. It's not as tough as it sounds - obviously, Park rash is a brute of a climb (is spoken of alongside Hardnott, Boltby and Rosedale as a classic northern verticality) and needless to say you'll want to keep your powder dry for this. However, this aside, the route is "steady away". A single café strategy, taken just before halfway at Grassington. No need to get giddy with an early start, meet at 0900 for a prompt get-away, expect to be back between 5 and 6......
Rob
by Rob Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 am
Tockwith - Pannel - Penny-pot - Duck St - Fan Carl - Grassington - Kettlewell - little hill - Middleham - Helperby - York.

Sue - you could join us in Tockwith at about 0938?
by ian5spot Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 am
Hi Rob,
I am thinking I might cycle out from Snape to join you on this. Would you be able to give me an idea of the route out to Grassington and approx timings please?
Cheers
Ian
by Rob Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 am
Ian, see above and work on, roughly, 16mph.
You are allowed to use a calculator in this exam.
by SueP Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:28 pm
Thanks Rob that sounds great. I still need to line up a couple of ducks so I'll let you know for sure on Saturday if that's ok? Some people still think Sunday afternoons are for tea and cake. :roll:
by mikeh Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 pm
I do like the Thixendale Spirograph but I feel that I have got to put myself through Park Rash this weekend. The steady 16mph and 'keeping my powder dry' together with 'not as hard as it sounds' are Rob's way of saying that it is going to be a day of pain for me. I shall however be giving 100%. See you at the Square on Sunday for a prompt departure at 9
by SueP Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:48 pm
Ducks lined up - see you in Tockwith! :D

Rob could you PM me your mobile number so if I have a puncture etc. I can let you know and you're not hanging around?